Thursday 26 April 2018

I have not written anything in this blog since the end of last year. and neither have I produced any new items. But I have been learning a lot about selling, SEO's, tags, Etsy tagging, Google tagging, etc.

I had to do something about my shop and the items I have in it. No good making all these lovely things if I cannot sell them. So, I spent the first quarter of this year studying!

Now I am nearly ready to start on a new project - resin jewellery! I bought everything I needed before going to Ireland, but I soon realised that it was the wrong time of the year, especially in Ireland and especially last autumn. The resin has a very strong smell and you have to work with the windows wide open. No problem, right? Wrong. Ireland is normally pretty wet and windy, but last autumn even more so. The wind was not too bad, less gale storms than we are used to, but wet and there was no way I could have the windows wide open for more than half an hour between the showers!

When I think back of last autumn, I can only think of rain. Everything was wet and going for a daily walk with the dogs was not always fun. Most of the time the walk was very short - Yorkshire terriers don't like getting wet!

Of course there is also beauty!

But the wet ground!!

The puddles!

The paths!

And we do not have a pond, this is part of our front garden. 

However, spring is here now. We have had some great days already. Today is cold but tomorrow it should be nice, sunny and warm again so I am all set up to start my new adventure!






No comments: